Recovery Run with ENERGYbits

  Went for a recovery run today and decided to test out a new product for you guys: ENERGYbits.
ENERGYbits are small tabs/pills packed full of all natural, organically grown spirulina algae.  Now,
a lot of products out there claim to be all natural and organic... but when you look at their nutrition labels they end up far from "natural".  However, I do believe ENERGYbits are definitely as natural as they come. When I read their nutrition information.  It's basically just the ONE ingredient... algae!  They even taste
 green. Although, it's recommended that you swallow them.  Which I highly suggest. The taste when I chewed one up reminded me of what fish food would probably taste like. 
   They also have a very high concentration of protein packed into their tabs.  About 64% protein... and only one calorie a tab!  Take a look at this chart to see just how few ingredients are in these things. 

  So... what are these "tabs" supposed to do?  They company claims this super food will "deliver instant and enduring energy to your brain and body".  Natural energy without the caffeine? I was a little skeptical.  Besides, I'm a coffee guy. Asking me to take anything *but* coffee is like asking a kid to give up their favorite toy.  I've accepted my addiction to coffee long ago. I'm okay with it. LOL.
  Anyway,  I discovered later the suggested "serving" is 30 bits.  30? But I ended up only taking about 10.  I believe they still did the trick.  Now, keep in mind, they don't have caffeine or sugar.. so there was no burst of sudden energy or alertness.  I just had the feeling like I had gotten enough sleep and was ready to tackle my run.  Could it have been a "placebo" effect? I'm not ruling that out.  But I will say, I typically feel terrible on a run without coffee.  Today though wasn't half bad!
   I also have a very sensitive stomach.  Coffee wreaks havoc on my tummy so I try to take it in moderation before my run.  And all other "energy supplements" out there tend to have the same effect if not worse.  However, ENERGYbits did not mess with my stomach.  I felt great!
   Besides the decent product... I do really enjoy the company itself.  I've seen many "ambassadors" on social media and they interact frequently with other athletes via Twitter, etc.
And not only to plug their product.  They'll send a quick message just to see how your running is going. I find that very admirable.
  
   But.. let's get to some cons.  The biggest downside.. is the PRICE!  They come in bags of about about 1,000 bits for $115.00!  That's pretty dang steep! 
   My overall assessment of ENERGYbits:

Pros:
  • Increased energy
  • Easy to take "on the go"
  • Great company to support
  • Very little ingredients.
Cons:
  • Extremely pricey.
  • Doesn't give me the "boost" I get from a cup of coffee.

  If you're looking for something to replace your daily coffee or energy drink.. I wouldn't suggest ENERGYbits.  But if you're wanting an ultimate "super food" with natural ingredients and want to support a great company, I definitely would suggest them! 
  ENERGYbits are only available at http://www.energybits.com/ and Jonathan (their Brand Manager) has shared with me that he'd be happy to connect anyone with a current ambassador to share a discount on a bag of bits - you can email him at jlevitt@energybits.com
   All in all, I really enjoyed doing this review for you, but believe ENERGYbits just aren't for me. Do you have any questions for me about ENERGYbits? Ever tried them yourself? What did you think? Would love to hear your feedback! Thanks for reading!


Comments

  1. Great product review....I've never heard of Energybits. They do seem a bit pricey to me. If I did the math right, that would be about $3.48 per serving (30 bits). However, some people buy expensive energy drinks that are not so healthy and they range from $1.50 to $2.50. Some people have more than one......I think the price should be compared to what you normally buy for energy. I don't buy anything yet - guess that's why I don't have any energy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Social Media Influencer

Favorite Gear Giveaway!