Fueling Better with Luvo Breakfast Meals

Disclaimer: I received a few Luvo Meals to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

The hardest part of training, for me, is always my diet! Breakfast becomes my biggest meal, but is usually whatever I can grab that's convenient so I can quickly get my workout in and jet off to work. You may remember my previous review of the Luvo Meals HERE. This time around I was excited to give their breakfast meals a try! 

Even after reviewing Luvo last time, I've continued to purchase their meals and have them at work for lunch. Not only are they super convenient, steaming the fresh ingredients makes them tasty and I can get a full serving of veggies, grains and proteins at once. 




But what about their breakfasts? I love the entrees so much, I was excited to taste the two breakfast options available at my local grocery store: The Steel Cut Oatmeal with Quinoa and Mixed Fruits, and the Oat Bran and Ricotta Pancake 

I'm a huge fan of oatmeal. It's great fuel for long runs, tough workouts, or just busy work days. I usually whip up a quick bowl of instant oatmeal, throw in some PB if I have time, chow down and go. 


The Luvo Oatmeal made me appreciate how great my breakfast can be if I would take time to add a little more oomph to it! This meal seriously packed a major punch of deliciousness. 


It has steel cut oats (much better than the instant I eat), quinoa, almonds, pineapple (yes, pineapple--who'd have thunk it!), pears, apricots, and cranberries. Incredibly filling and amazing! I thought the fruit would be really hard or dry. Instead, they tasted super fresh and warm. I immediately went out and bought two more! 

Luvo meals are packaged in a steam pouch that keeps the meals fresh and tasting great, and it really came across in this oatmeal. It was like I just cooked it up on the stove and mixed everything together. But in much less time!



On to the other Luvo breakfast meal. The Oat Bran and Ricotta Pancake. Full disclosure, it looks like this breakfast meal may no longer be available through their online store. It is no longer listed on their website. Nonetheless, you still may find it at your local store! 

Another win from Luvo! The pancake was a little "soggier" than what I'm used to with pancakes, but it still tasted awesome. It's served with a cinnamon apple compote and tasted like eating an apple pie pancake--but much healthier. I'm sad that they aren't listed on Luvo's website anymore, b/c I'd love to see it still available.


After eating either of these Luvo Breakfast Meals, my hunger was not only satisfied but I felt properly fueled to tackle any workout or tough day ahead! They definitely helped make me more confident in my pre-exercise fueling choices. And save more calories for other things... like wine. ;-)


I did, however, notice a breakfast meal shown that I wasn't able to find: the Farmer's Market Fritatta! I may have to purchase this one online just so I can try it. And of course, get a few extra oatmeal while I'm at it! 
I would highly recommend checking out Luvo for convenient yet healthy breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Why Luvo? 
  • Each meal contains a full serving of produce.
  • All meals are under 500 calories.
  • Emphasis on whole grains.
  • Use meat and poultry raised with no antibiotics or hormones. 
  • They're easy on the sugar. Luvo takes pride in not adding tons of sugar just to make things taste good.
  • No artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners.
  • Less than 500mg of sodium per meal.
  • Non-GMO soy, corn, and canola. 
  • Vegetarian and Gluten Free options. 
To find out where to purchase Luvo near you, check out their store locator HERE. Besides the Luvo entrees, they've also began to roll out new lines like breakfast meals, plant power bowls, and burritos. Be sure to check out their coupon/promotions page and download some discounts!
Out of all the social channels for a brand I've seen, I highly suggest following Luvo. They have healthy recipes, tips, and advice besides just trying to sell their product. Really well-rounded content on their pages and I love checking them each day.

Have YOU ever tried Luvo before? What did you think? If you haven't what meal(s) would you like to try?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Social Media Influencer