Harder Training, Better Recovery: My Oofos Sandal Review

Disclaimer: I received a pair of Men's Original Project Pink Sandal to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

For me, recovery is just as important during training as the training itself! The harder I train, the more mindful I am to get some quality recovery in between. And for the past two years, I've had a pair of OOFOS Sandals on standby for those recovery periods.


I first discovered OOFOS at Fleet Feet Sports Scottsdale two summers ago, while searching for something to relieve my constant Plantar Fasciitis pain. I immediately fell in love. They were soft like clouds, while still providing me with the proper arch support I needed for pain relief. 


While I couldn't wear these at work (unless it was super casual Friday), I would always wear them around the house, when out walking the dogs, and anytime after a long run. Flash forward to recently, when I realized my original pair of OOFOS were getting pretty worn. And it was time to trade them in for a new model. 

Enter the Project Pink OOFOS. Not only were they the same comfort and relief that I was accustomed to, but the Project Pink line benefits a great cause too! As part of the OOFOS charitable giving effort, $10 from each pair of Project Pink OOFOS sold will go to breast cancer research. 


I love it when a company has initiatives like this that make me feel that my normal purchase can make a difference. Plus, breast cancer has a personal connection for me: my grandmother suffered from breast cancer and cancer itself does run in my family. So being able to contribute to cancer research is a huge deal for me, thus why I list it first and foremost in this review. 

In addition, the fight against breast cancer also hits home for those at OOFOS. Duncan Fenian, a long time member of the OOFOS family, was diagnosed with breast cancer in October of 2014. Read more about Duncan's Story here


Now, on to why I love OOFOS and why they're an important tool for recovery. Not only are they comfortable and provide support for achy arches, but here's what makes OOFOS stand out:
  • Absorbs more shock than traditional foams
  • Reduces stress on sore feet, knees, and back
  • Cradles your arches
  • Enables more natural motion
  • Soft toe post eliminates chafing
  • Durable foam holds its cushion its entire life
  • Moisture resistant closed cell foam is shower-ready and machine washable

For more info on the OOFOS technology and how it works, check out the video below.


My experience with OOFOS has been incredible. They really have lasted me for a long time and I know I can count on them for many more miles and race recovery days ahead. I highly recommend getting a pair yourself for your recovery days. You are hard on your feet, they deserve a treat too!


Still on the fence? Check out some of my fellow BibRave Pros' OOFOS reviews:


JOHN      JENNA     MARY JO     GINA

Quick note, OOFOS will be releasing a limited edition Boston Marathon collection soon! They look super awesome. For more info on these, other new releases and sweet deals, be sure to follow OOFOS on social media.




WEBSITE: www.oofos.com
TWITTER: @oofos
INSTAGRAM: @oofos


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Social Media Influencer

Favorite Gear Giveaway!

The Compression Shorts Debate & North Moore Review