Getting My Life Back on Track

I know, it's been several months since my last post.  I tackled some major life changes. But I'm back! And running and staying active has helped me get my life back on track.


I was working for a running events company, so it seemed like everything would be perfect in my life, right? Well, to be honest I was working *a lot*. And sacrificing time with friends, didn't have much time for running. And I was making less than I was when I was on my previous career path. Although running, fitness, and inspiring others to get active is still my passion, I decided the was not the right job for me.

But that wasn't the only reason my life was thrown off track. My relationship ended. I needed to find a new place to live. I needed to find a new job. I've always had a set path of where I wanted my life to go. And for the first time in a long time, I had no clear vision of where I would be or where I was headed.

Running was put on the back-burner. I was un-motivated to do anything active and I was scared.  I leaned on my friends and kept as positive as an attitude as I could. But when you're not being active, and left without an outlet for your emotions... it gets harder to keep your chin up.

Things seemed bleak for a while. Well, it was probably only a week or so, but it felt like a lifetime. But I've always been a "go-getter". I could sit around sulking and go nowhere, or start carving my new path. If running has given me anything, it's a strong sense of motivation and determination.


I still didn't want to run much, but I could still find ways to stay as active as I could. So I made it a point to hang out with the November Project Phoenix crew more. They do all sorts of workouts throughout the week. I was able to get some exercise, make new friends, and keep my head above water.




At November Project, I found new friendships.  I was able to keep a positive attitude and in doing so, I found a new job, a new house, and was able to get on to a brand new path.


The road was rockey, but now I have a fantastic job back in the tv business. And it's an amazing fit! I have a wonderful new home that my puppies love, a brand new group of amazing friends, and it all came together in the end.  And I like the new path that I am on.

Love the new job at RightThisMinute!
I've also re-discovered my passion for fitness. I'm excited and ready for new adventures ahead and I am slowly getting back into a running routine. You'll not have to wait so long to hear about my training and endurance adventures again. So stay tuned for the fun.

What I leave you with is this: no matter what the obstacle life throws at you, stay strong. You may stray from one path, only to find another you never new existed!



Comments

  1. Hey Jeremy,

    Sorry to hear life has been so tough. Happy that thinks are looking up for you & you're back blogging. Look forward to the new running adventures! X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Social Media Influencer

Favorite Gear Giveaway!