Staying Safe, Keeping Warm, and Kicking Butt!

Disclaimer: I received a pair of 2XU's Hyoptik Thermal Compression Tights to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! All opinions are my own.


Cold. Mud. Rain. Darkness. Burpees. 
I put my 2XU Hyoptik Thermal Compression Tights through it all! 

Yes, the desert *does* get cold! And I've been hitting the trails and stairs with the November Project crew in the dark. So when BibRave gave me the chance to try out 2XU's Hyoptik (reflective) and Thermal Compression Tights I was super excited. Everything I needed in one! 


THE THERMAL






I already LOVE my 2XU MCS tights. But with the recent abnormal winter weather, the thermal tights were the perfect Christmas gift. We were having "extreme cold" here in Phoenix for a while (blame El Niño!).




Now, don't get me wrong, I realize my "extreme cold" was nothing compared to what many of my fellow BibRave Pros like Angie and Heather were running in. But for us in the desert, this was unusually cold. 

Normally I'd be miserable in the cold. But these tights were PERFECT! I didn't even wear another layer. Super lightweight and incredibly durable. Better yet, NO CHAFING! Plus moisture wicking so I never felt like they were getting weighed down with sweat. 

I even took them with me to Vegas to wear in the unusually cold temps while my company put on a race. Total lifesaver! (you can read about that here later)

THE COMPRESSION
The 2XU compression is designed for improved blood circulation as well as supporting major muscle groups like the hip abductors, calves, glutes, etc. Since I've been having issues with my hip abductor and glute on my right side, I've been wearing compression during almost every ran as of late.


Sunrise 6k! (we beat the sun. lol) 
The 2XU compression is by far my favorite. I honestly believe like the pain is delayed longer and less intense when I'm in these tights. They've really helped me along on my recovery! 



REFLECTIVE
These particular tights are 2XU's "Hyoptik" collection. Think "High-Optic". As in, reflective. Did the light bulb turn on? There ya go! :) 

As you probably already know (or should know!), reflectivity is important for runners. Especially during the winter there is less daylight hours and we're running in the early morning or late afternoon. Be Seen, Be Safe! 

Sunrise 6k Finish! Photo courtesy: Facebook.com/NovProjectPHX
These tights are definitely reflective! I've been joining the November Project-Phoenix crew to cross train and become a stronger runner. We start our workout at 6am. In the pitch black before the sun even rises. To kick butt on the stairs, crush some burpees, and have a blast. 

November Project 6am bounce.  Can you spot me shining in the dark? 
Russian Twists are better with friends.
DOWN AND DIRTY
Okay, so they've stood up to the cold. And stand out in the dark. But how about mud and water? One super rainy and muddy morning, my new NP Bestie Kelly and I decided to "play" in the mud after crushing stairs. Mud Angels. Splashing in the Mud. Anything for the blog right? I this for ya'll folks! ;-) 

These are mud angels.
Get ready for it....
...Splash!
Fierce.
The mud washed out perfectly and I've warn them tons since. I'd say they definitely held up to the test!
ANY CONS?
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention they run a little short on me. I had to go with the "small" size according to the sizing chart. And as you can see... my ankles are just a tad bare. They DO offer a 3/4 "capris" style in this line as well. However, I received the full length pair. 


I'm 6 foot and have trouble finding tights and pants that don't leave my ankles naked. However, the 2XU MCS Tights come in "Tall" sizes and the Small Tall fit me perfect. So the only thing I'd recommend to 2XU is offering the Hyoptik collection in "tall sizes" as well. 

This is a new line by 2XU, and I strongly believe these will become one of their most popular products. Therefore, I bet they will begin producing all sizes soon. 

CONCLUSION
Let's Review:

PROS
  • Amazing warmth for winter weather
  • No Chafing
  • Lightweight
  • Super durable
  • Incredible compression
  • Reflectivity to keep runners seen and safe.
  • Machine washable :) 
CONS
  • Runs a tad on the short side (if you're tall) 

Overall, the 2XU Hyoptik Thermal Compression Tights are amazing. I can't recommend them enough. They are totally worth the price and the investment!


Don't miss the 2XU sponsored #BibChat on Twitter at 8PM CST/6PM PST on January 26! Follow @bibrave on Twitter for the convo.

Give 2XU a follow:
twitter: @2xu_usa
instagram: @2xu_usa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Social Media Influencer

Favorite Gear Giveaway!