Fueling with Huppybar: Review and Giveaway!
Thanks to my running group #RunEatTweetAZ, I was able to give Huppybar a try!
My favorite thing about the Huppybar is it's made with love right here in Arizona!
I love supporting local businesses and especially those up and coming products that gear towards us runners.
First off, what is a Huppybar? They're an energy bar made with all natural ingredients.
Taken from their website:
"Huppybars are packed with raw nuts, and seeds offering natural protein, fiber, and “good” fats that tend to satiate hunger sooner and curb overeating. The nuts and seeds are freshly ground at production to aid in nutrient absorption and digestibility. Spirulina and nutritional yeast are both naturally rick in protein, vitamins, and minerals. Organic oats provide a hearty texture and added fiber. Only 100% cacao is used in the chocolate flavors, omitting added sugars and maximizing the health benefits of pure chocolate. They are sweetened with organic brown rice syrup and local honey harvest in Flagstaff, AZ. Each bar is 50% organic by weight and contains no corn, soy, dairy, or cane sugar! "
Huppbars come in a variety of flavors: apple cinnamon raisin, chocolate berry love, pecan orange spice, coconut date ginger, and chocolate java.
I had the chance to try out both the chocolate java and the coconut date ginger.
Here's my breakdown:
- You can SEE the actual ingredients.
- Not too sweet
- Filling but not too filling.
- Flavor wasn't overpowering. (I was afraid the ginger or chocolate might be over powering but I could still taste the actual nuts, etc. Very delicious!)
- Made in AZ by an outdoor adventure seeker! (read her story HERE)
- Easy on the tummy. I was able to eat a Huppybar and go run right after no problem.
- If you're looking for something super sweet, this isn't it. I personally think the over-sweet bars are too much but that's a personal preference.
- Only available at select Arizona stores OR online. (for those that prefer the convenience of in-store purchases)
If you want to follow Huppybar to learn more about these bars of awesome, check out their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Huppybar
Now, for the fun part. YOU could win a variety pack of 12 Huppybars yourself!
All you have to do is enter the giveaway on my group's Facebook Page: http://bit.ly/RunEatTweetAZ
*Deadline to enter is Friday, Oct. 31st at 7am!*
Good Luck!! :)