Ultra-Training Update

I finally feel like the training for my first 50K is finally coming together! Check out where my training adventures took me this weekend! 
For those that don't know, I've signed up for my first Ultra marathon in march
My training has suffered lately, from holiday craziness to food poisoning. But I was bound and determined to get back on track!

Saturday, I hit the Dream Draw trails here in Arizona.  Not too far of a drive from home and somewhat familiar.  But I explored some new trails I'd never been down and had a blast. I decided to just go out and have fun and not worry about a distance.  I just explored and played around with my new GoPro. 




I was out on the trails a total of about 2.5 hours. Lots of climbing and got a good workout in, between stopping to mess with my camera. It honestly felt good not worrying about anything other than just having fun on the trails!



On sunday, I joined the Aravaipa running group for their Black Canyon 100k training run.  But there was NO WAY I was doing the total training distance of 19miles that day.  So I went with a few other friends who just wanted to get a few miles in.  I'd never been to Black Canyon city and the views were amazing!  The drive was pretty far, but worth it!



We went a total of about 7 miles and got plenty of climbing in!  Maybe the mileage wasn't that impressive but I've learned that when training for your first Ultra, it's all about learning to run on tired legs. And that's DEFINITELY what I was practicing this weekend.  Afterwards, we stopped by a local cafe for breakfast and homemade pie!


My miles will slowly start to add up, but in the meantime, I finally feel like I'm off to the right start.  It's taken awhile to get back into the swing of a regular running routine. And this weekend was just what I needed to spark that fire under me and get me to my first Ultra starting line!!

So how was YOUR weekend? Did your running take you on any awesome adventures?

Comments

  1. Nice! That always feel good, right? Love Black Canyon. So gorgeous up there. I got 13 miles in at White Tanks. Still a ways to go for me too...but we'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great run! So happy to hear you are back in the swing of things! And of course, great pics!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Social Media Influencer

Favorite Gear Giveaway!

The Compression Shorts Debate & North Moore Review